So after releases five beta version of iOS 11.2 the company launched a final version of iOS 11.2. This version was awaited for so long as it was expected that the company would be starting this with numerous bug fixes and improvements. This latest version of iOS brought some additional features too like Apple Pay Cash which was first introduced with the second beta version of iOS 11.2. With Apple Pay Cash you can send, receive or request money from your friends and family with Apple Pay using Messages or Siri.
Apple Pay Cash feature is currently available for US residents and is expected to be at a worldwide launch soon. Apple rolled out its new update of iOS 11.2 with a lot of details at the description of the update. The company mentioned details of various bugs fixes, improvements and new additions of features.
Given below is the list of tweaks mentioned by the company in the description of iOS 11.2 update:
- Introduces three new Live wallpapers for iPhone X
- Improves video camera stabilization
- Adds support for Podcasts to advance to the next episode from the same show automatically
- Adds support in HealthKit for downhill snow sports distance as a data type
- Fixes an issue that could cause Mail to appear to be checking for new messages even when a download is complete
- Fixes an issue that could cause cleared Mail notifications from Exchange accounts to reappear
- Improves stability in Calendar
- Resolves an issue where Settings could open a blank screen
- Fixes an issue that could prevent swiping to Today View or Camera from the Lock Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent Music controls from displaying on the Lock Screen
- Fixes an issue that could cause app icons to be arranged incorrectly on the Home Screen
- Addresses an issue that could prevent users from deleting recent photos when iCloud storage is exceeded
- Addresses an issue where Find My iPhone sometimes wouldn’t display a map
- Fixes an issue in Messages where the keyboard could overlap the most recent message
- Fixes a problem in Calculator where typing numbers rapidly could lead to incorrect results
- Addressed a point where the keyboard could respond slowly
- Adds support for real-time text (RTT) phone calls for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Improves VoiceOver stability in Messages, Settings, App Store, and Music
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from announcing incoming Notifications
One can upgrade the iOS version by installing it from App Store. It is a highlight that this update came with a bulk of new bugs for which the company might be releasing a new update.